Saturday, June 11, 2011

Interpretation of Katy Perry's song "Peacock"

Peacocking is a male move to dress up to drag attention from a mate, like when male peacocks look for female mates.

I

"I wanna see your peacock, cock, cock
Your peacock, cock
Your peacock, cock, cock
Your peacock ,cock"

Verse 1: [Peacock- a bird known for it's beautiful fan-like tail that it uses to find a mate/partner

cock-(cocky) a description for an overly confident person]

- This verse (for me) means that a she is invoking him to make a move on her, show her a bit of cockiness/confidence. Show her that you're interested in her.

II
"Word on the street
You got something to show me, me
Magical, colorful, Mr. Mystery
I'm intrigued for a peek
Heard it's fascinating"

(Line 1,2) She's heard that he's got a "thing" for her.

(Line 3) [magical. colorful- Love can't be described with words, in the further part of the song you'll see a lot of words that somehow (for her) describes the beauty of love

Mr. Mystery- he's being so mysterious about it and he ain't telling her anything

(Line 4,5) [intrigued for a peek- she wants him to make a move to show her that he's in to her/or she wants to know what it is to love because she's heard it's fascinating to be in love]


III
Come on, baby; let me see
What you hiding underneath
I want the jaw dropping, eye popping
Head turning, body shocking
I want my heart throbbing
Ground shaking, shoe stomping, amazing

(Line 3) Jaw dropping- thing that makes her speechless

eye popping- something she couldn't perceive to happen but happened

(Line 4) Head turning- she herself couldn't believe it that her head turns in disbelief

Body shocking- Her whole being was shocked.

(Line 5) She wants to know what it feels like to be in love with someone so strong ,that when you're near that person you suddenly get all nervous.

(Line 6)Ground Shaking- your whole world is shaken by hi presence

Shoe Stomping- and when he's passed, she'll regret that she didn't say a thing to him.


IV
"Are you brave enough to let me see your peacock?
Don't be a chicken
Boy, stop acting like a beeotch
I'mma peace out if you don't give me the payoff
Come on, baby; let me see
What you hidin' underneath"


(Line 1,2) She's asking him but more on pushing him to make a move on her.

(Line 3) Now, she's just plain angry at him for not making a move in her.

(Line 4) She's sort of black mailing him that she leave if he doesn't do what she wants.

(Line 5,6) Then she's pleading again.

V
"Are you brave enough to let me see your peacock?
What you waiting for?
It's time for you to show it off
Don't be a shy kind of guy
I bet it's beautiful
Come on, baby; let me see
What you hidin' underneath"

(Line 2,3) She's telling that this is the perfect time for him to tell her he loves her.

(Line 4,5) Stop being all shy/ stop hiding what you really feel for her, because she knows it's(Love/his feelings for her) is beautiful.


VI
"Skip the talk
Heard it all
Time to walk the walk
Break me off
If you're bad, show me who's the boss
Need some Goose to get loose
Come on; take a shot"

(Line 1,2) Stop justifying your shyness

(Line 3) It's time for him to do what he needs to do.

(Line 4,5) Break me off-shut me up

Show me who's the boss- impress me with your manliness/show me your superiority

(Line 6,7) [Goose-silly] Do you need a drink to release your silliness?If you do, then let's.


VII
"Oh my god
No exaggeration
Boy, all this time was worth the waiting
I just shed a tear
I am so unprepared
You got the finest architecture
And the rainbow-looking treasure's
Such a sight to see
And it's all for me"

(Line 1,2,3) She's very happy that he finally did it.

(Line 4,5) She almost cried, and as expected, she was shocked.

(Line 6) Its an Apostrophe. She's talking to Love, and telling that being in love is so beautiful.

(Line 7,8) Love is a treasure that made her life so colorful.

(Line 9) And she finally had it. She has finally fallen in love.



Summary

This is a song about a Girl fantasizing about his man of his dreams. She wants to know how it is to be head over heels over a man that she's wishing he'd appear to sweep her off her feet already. The song showed so much innocence with the way she described love as something so amazing as if she doesn't know the hurt that comes with love.


Watch it...


No comments:

Post a Comment