Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Interpretation of Coldplay's song "Yellow"


SUMMARY
This is a love song, not necessarily for the opposite sex. This is a love song would sing to his bestfriend, buddy, mum, dad, or anyone who brought you sunshine. This song is about telling someone how much you love, thank,and cherish a person and how good of a person you think he/she is.

When you were Yellow(cowardly,afraid) they were the bit of yellow(sunshine, beacon of hope)for him. And now that that they are yellow (afraid, cowardly) and they need someone so bad, you would take your turn and become strong for them. You would go lengths and you'd risk everything, because you love them. You will be their yellow(hope). 

And now everything is YELLOW(Happy)




I
"Look at the stars
 Look how they shine for you
 And everything you do
 Yeah they were all yellow"

Verse 1: In this verse he JUST defined that some of the good things in life are yellow. It is to support his succeeding verses, where he defines himself as "yellow"(coward).


II
"I came along
 I wrote a song for you
 And all the things you do
 And it was called yellow"

Verse II: He wrote this song for her/him. :) Literally.

III
" So then I took my turn
 Oh what a thing to have done
And it was all yellow"

 Verse III: He changed himself. Before, it was him/her, who brought sunshine[yellow] to him, now it his turn. And it was all hopeful. [yelllow]
IV
 "Your skin
 Oh yeah your skin and bones
 Turn into something beautiful
 You know you know I love you so
 You know I love you so"\

(Verse IV) It is a Synecdoche, that skin and bones is her/him. It is also a metaphor of skin=outer and bones=inner personality. He/she is beautiful inside and out, and that's why he loves him/her so.

V
 "I swam across
 I jumped across for you
 Oh what a thing to do
cause you were all yellow"

Verse V: First he was yellow(coward) but then he did courageous stuffs (swam and jumped across) for him/her because he/she was yellow.( 1.[yellow=afraid] He/she could be afraid that's why he manned up for him/her. 2.[yellow=sunshine,happiness, hope] He turned himself into a brave character for him/her because he/she brings light into his life.
(Line 3) but he feels it so little of a chore for him. He feels that he could do more JUST for his/her sake.

 VI
" I drew a line
 I drew a line for you
 Oh what a thing to do
 And it was all yellow"
Verse VI:  [drew a line= made a limit] he limited/prevented himself from doing something(that he probably likes), he sacrificed his hobby/vice. He thinks it's just a portion of what he could do for him/her and everything for him was hopeful[yellow=hope].

VII
 "Your skin
 Oh yeah your skin and bones
 Turn into something beautiful
 And you know
 For you I'd bleed myself dry
 For you I'd bleed myself dry"
(Lines 1-3) Everything in her is beautiful.[skin=outside, bones=inside]
(Line 4-6) He would submit himself a prolonged agony and suffering for him/her.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many issues mention about cockfight in philipine, we are from ayam bangkok klasik want to explain that. You can read our article. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have spent a decade drawing a line inspired by the phrase, I drew a line for you which was married to the notion that the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. My line is perpendicular and freehand and a gift to all. My objective is to draw a thousand miles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok .. it's a MYSTERY ...we all know ..that' is how GOD works ..correct? After listening to this song ,and watching the video ..over and over ..being completely mesmerized by chris's big ol clear blue eyes , thinking sum of the lyrics like ..."so then I took my turn , oh what a thing to have done" ..didn't really make a lot of since ...like why does he keep praising himself for . ..I did this ...I did that ...and oh what a thing it was.....then ..I started pondering why he was on a beach alone ...and i had an enlightenment...at the point where he stops and looks back at the FOOTPRINTS. !?!! So ...my interpretation...
    Look at the stars , how they shine for you ...and all the things u do." ..who gave us the stars? They shine for everyone. ..I believe ..every line of this song is God /Jesus .speaking .I wrote a song for you ...it was called yellow. If you notice he says I swam across...i jumped a cross..across...and a cross....I drew a line...between heaven and hell...I took my turn ..oh what a thing to have done.....your skin and bones ...turn into ...something beutiful...could mean back to the earth ..or just that we are more than skin and bones ...looked at from gods perspe tive...this whole song is easy to figure out. Its not about lovers and relationships or parents...none of those fit lyric for lyric ...I think yellow ...is ether the color of stars or gold or irrelevant really .probably just there to make it a mystery

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOD WROTE A SONG FOR YOU , AND "IT WAS CALLED , YELLOW"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice thoughts ...but your all WAY OFF

    ReplyDelete