Thursday, June 9, 2011

Interpretation of Adele's song "Rolling in the Deep"








Rolling in the Deep- Just when everything look swell in a relationship, a small crack (Broken trust) and then unobtrusively, everything goes down the drain.













I
"There's a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch, it's bringing me out the dark
Finally I can see you crystal clear
Go 'head and sell me out and I'll lay your shit bare"


(Line 1) She's beginning to fall in love.
(L2) And as their relationship grows deeper, she's beginning to see his devious ways.
(L3) Now, she could see the real him.
(L4) Go ahead ,be unfaithful, and just leave me hanging, because I know all the bad things you've made.

II
"See how I leave with every piece of you
Don't underestimate the things that I will do"



(L1) She's ending the relationship, but she's going to tear him apart first.

III
"Baby I have no story to be told
But I've heard one of you
And I'm gonna make your head burn
Think of me in the depths of your despair
Making a home down there
It Reminds you of the home we shared"


(L1) She knows she did nothing bad, and she has nothing to hide.
(L2) But he! He has done a lot of things.
(L3)He'll be furious once he'd learn the things that she knew about him.
(L4) And when all his trash is out and he's reputation is broken, and he feels like he's in hell, he'll remember her, who brought him in to the situation.
(L5) The pain, misery and the damage will remain in him and will grow comfortable with him that he'll be hauled into deeper misery.
(L6) She compared their relationship with the state of emotion that he'll be. Their relationship brought pain, and misery to her.


IV
"The scars of your love remind me of us
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all
The scars of your love they leave me breathless
I can't help feeling"



(L1) The damages of their relationship still remains,
(L2) She knows that it could've been deeper because the scars were deep. The deeper emotions you gamble in a relationship, the deeper wounds you'll get when you lose.
(L3)She cries so hard whenever she reminisce their past.

V
" We could have had it all
Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside of your hands
And you played it
To the beat"

(L1) Their relationship could've been IT.
(L2) But everything they had, went down the drain
(L3) when he chose to hold her heart
(L4) and crushed it.

VI
"Throw your soul through every open door
Count your blessings to find what you look for
Turned my sorrow into treasured gold
You pay me back in kind and reap just what you sown"


(L1) You give yourself to any girl who's willing
(L2) You'll see my significance when I'm gone.
(L3) I made this bad experience and thought the positivity in it, that I will never do the same mistakes again.
(L4) I will have my revenge and you shall get what you deserve.

Summary
It's a song about a relationship that could've been everything, but everything went down the drain,hence ,rolling in the deep, when infidelity came to the picture. It has a sense of anguish, and regret(Most of all).








3 comments:

  1. I like your interpretation. =) It's detailed and to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love our interpretation!! Thank u! Song for a bastard haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there's a fire starting in my heart means she is starting to get very angry and formulating her plan

    ReplyDelete