Saturday, June 11, 2011

Interpretation of Cher's song "You haven't seen the Last of me"

I
"Feeling broken
Barely holding on
But there's just something so strong
Somewhere inside me
And I am down but I'll get up again
Don't count me out just yet"

(Line 1,2) She's feeling drowned with all the trials and problems that she's in to. And, she don't know if she can go on survive.
(Line 3, 4) She wants to give up but she just can't.
(Line 5,6) These lines gives an image of a boxer who got knocked down, got counted on , but got up and continued to fight. The person really believes in herself and that she could rise from the situation she is in.

II
"I've been brought down to my knees
And I've been pushed way past the point of breaking
But I can take it
I'll be back
Back on my feet
This is far from over
You haven't seen the last of me"

(Line 1) She's tired and couldn't stand, metaphor for being in a hopeless situation where she don't know where to find answers anymore.
(Line 2) She has suffered more than she can take.
(LIne 3-4) But she'll try to take more to survive.

III
"They can say that
I won't stay around
But I'm gonna stand my ground
You're not gonna stop me
You don't know me
You don't know who I am
Don't count me out so fast"

(Line 1,2) Everyone's looking down on her and telling her she can't make it.
(Line 3,4) But She's decided not to surrender.
(Line 5,6) People don't know what she's capable of.

IV
"There will be no fade out
This is not the end
I'm down now
But I'll be standing tall again
Times are hard but
I was built tough
I'm gonna show you all what I'm made of"

(Line 1,2)[ fade out- disappearing effect in songs and film] She's not giving up.
(Line 3,4) {means what it says}
(Line 5,6) Though life is hard, she knows she can take it.
(Line 7) She's gonna show everyone that she can survive all her trials.

Summary

This is a song about facing your trials in life and staying strong no matter what people say. No one will count you out in life ,but yourself. You are not a Loser if you don't say you are, so just fight because Life is about how not about how many times you fall but how you get back on your feet.




I really love this song from the movie "Burlesque", I just couldn't get song out of my mind after watching that film.


No comments:

Post a Comment