Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Interpretation of Adele's song "Chasing Pavements"





I

"I've made up my mind
No need to think it over
If I'm wrong I ain't right
No need to look no further
This ain't lust
This is love but"

The Persona knows that she has found "the One", and that their relationship could be the reaal deal. but

II

"If I tell the world
I'll never say enough
Because it was not said to you
And that's exactly what I need to do
If I'm in love with you"

(Line 1,2,3)She has a lot to say, but words can never be enough if it doesn't reach him.

(Line 4,5) She has to tell him those things if she really loves him. Those things could probably be problems in their relationship that's being a burden for them.

III

"Should I give up
Or should I just keep chasing pavements
Even if it leads nowhere
Or would it be a waste
Even if I knew my place should I leave it there?
Should I give up
Or should I just keep chasing pavements
Even if it leads nowhere?"

[Chasing Pavements- it's walking a road with someone, you know you're with someone but then that someone disappears. And now you're left chasing pavements]

She knows that he doesn't love her that much yet, or that their relationship isn't deep enough to go where she wants their relationship to go. And she's confuse if she'll fool herself ,pretending that he'll love him enough ,one day.


III

"I'd build myself up
And fly around in circles
Wait then as my heart drops
And my back begins to tingle
Finally could this be it"

(Line 1,2) She'll join him in an everlasting journey,

(Line3) And when her heart grows weak from all the waiting,

(L4) And she gets old,

(L5) And He'll finally propose to her.



Summary

The Song is about going in a journey with someone, and you want it to go somewhere. But it's not, and you have a feeling that never going to get there. And finally, you ask yourself ; If you should let go(Mind is thinking, 1st), or should you walk through pavements because when you have walked enough you might get to him(heart is convincing the mind,2nd).


Beautiful song...



The song was inspired by an incident Adele had with a former boyfriend of six months. At 6:00 AM one morning, after learning he had cheated on her, she went to the bar he was at and punched him in the face.[3] After being thrown out, Adele ran down the street alone and thought to herself, "What is it you're chasing? You're chasing an empty pavement." She sang it into and recorded it on her mobile phone and arranged three chords when she got home.-Adele[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chasing_Pavements]




7 comments:

  1. Good interpretation. HAHA. kala mo naman may alam ako sa ganyan. Pero tama pala yung pagkaintindi ko sa kantang yan. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...hinahanap ko yung like comment...wala pala...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :D I was wondering the meaning and then found your blog :)
    Good interpretation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was about someone with a crush who was afraid to approach her 'mystery' lover because of the impossibilities in reality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. muntik n rin akong nag chasing pavements for a wrong person haha.. nice song

    ReplyDelete
  6. He loves it when the song comes on the radio. He says: 'It's about me.' And I'm like, 'It's a song about heartbreak, you fool!'"Adele's former boyfriend demanded a slice of the royalties from 19, after learning several of the tracks were inspired by their break-up. She told British newspaper The Sun, "For about a week he was calling and was deadly serious about it. Finally, I said, 'Well, you made my life hell, so I lived it and now I deserve it.' He really thought he'd had some input into the creative process by being a p---k. I'll give him this credit - he made me an adult and put me on the road that I'm traveling."

    ReplyDelete