Sunday, June 5, 2011

Interpretation of Lady Gaga's Bad Romance



"Bad Romance" is a song by American recording artist Lady Gaga. It was released as the lead single from her third extended play (EP), and second major release The Fame Monster (2009). "


Summary

Reading BETWEEN the lines

The woman is deeply in love with a man who has issues, that she is very willing to accept all the deepest, and darkest thing in that man, just so that they will be together no matter how many people stand in their way.


Reading BEYOND the lines

The woman is in love with a man because of his indifference and all the deepest and darkest things he sees in his self. She doesn't just accept his wrongs, in fact, she loves him because of those features.





I

"I want your ugly
I want your disease
I want your everything
As long as it's free
I want your love
"

Reading between the lines:

(line 1,2,3,5)The Persona loves a person and is willing to accept all the bad attributes he has,

(line 4) but it is only if he is willing to love her or atleast permit her to love him. This verse expresses so much Sacrifice(the greatest form of love).


II

"I want your drama
The touch of your hand
I want your leather-studded kiss in the sand
I want your love
Love-love-love
I want your love"

(L1)No matter what situation the man is into, she is willing to love him,

(L2) as long as their together.

(L3) (Leather studded- uncomfortable/ sharp, kiss- mouth ,in the sand- dirty)

she accepts him even if he has a dirty mouth and sharp words.


III

"I want your love and
I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad romance
(Oh-oh-oh--oh-oooh!)
I want your love and
All your lovers' revenge
You and me could write a bad romance"

(L1) She wants his Love

(L2) and his anger.

(L3 ,6) She doesn't care about anything she just wants to be with him.

(L4) She wants his love

(L5) Even if she has to face all his lover's anger.

IV

"I want your horror
I want your design
'Cause you're a criminal
As long as your mine
I want your love"

(L1) She accepts his fears( man's fears: kids,commitment),

(L2) his features,

(L3) and even though she knows he'll always be judged

(L5)whenever he's with her

(L6)she doesn't care because she loves her.


V

"I want your psycho
Your vertigo stick
Want you in my rear window
Baby you're sick
I want your love
Love-love-love
I want your love
(Love-love-love I want your love)"

(L1) She would accept his craziness,

(L2)[ Vertigo -is a dizzy/whirling feeling that causes loss of balance which may be brought about by fear of heights] and his fears,

(L3) She wants to see him following her.

(L4) She knows that he is a disgusting fellow

(L5,6,7) but she loves him so.

VI

"You know that I want you

('Cause I'm a free bitch baby!)

And you know that I need you

I want your bad, your bad romance"


(L1,3)He knows that she loves him

(L2)She is single .


VII

"Walk, walk fashion baby
Work it
Move that bitch crazy

Walk, walk passion baby
Work it
I'm a freak bitch, baby"

She is trying to pep talk herself and is trying to remind herself what's she's doing it for; Fashion and Passion(metaphors for their love/relationship)

Basically these verses just state how much she is proud of him no matter how people see him.























1 comment: